- Discover the management training behind the success of the UK’s leading charities
- Learn from experience outside the arts and cultural sector – and bring it home
- Acquire leading edge skills to grow and develop your team and your organisation
The world of arts and cultural organisations is changing dramatically. There’s more pressure to work in a business-like way: earning income, raising money from individuals, working more efficiently.
This doesn’t mean you have to become just another commercial organisation. What it does mean is that you need to be prepared to learn from the best non-profits outside the arts and cultural sector. Charities have been successfully fundraising and delivering services without government subsidy for years. The very best have grown through the recession.
So apart from their success, what do organisations from the British Red Cross to Macmillan Cancer Relief, and from UNICF UK to RNIB have in common? They’ve come to The Management Centre (=mc) to hone their management and organisational skills.
At =mc we know and love the arts and cultural sector – we’ve run the National Arts Fundraising School for 25 years. And already the likes of Tate Britain, Scottish Book Trust, Victoria & Albert Museum and the RSC know and benefit from our management training. Why not make 2014 the year you learn new practical approaches proven to work in tough climates? Choose from 25 training programmes in leadership, management,organisational development, personal impact and effectiveness, and fundraising. Each is tailored to meet the specific needs of people like you. Take a look at some specific examples here:
- Leading & Managing Change (25 February) Help staff to ride the tide of change rather than being swamped by it.
- Influencing & Negotiating for Results (18-19 March) Get the best deals from your funders and suppliers – and work more effectively with your Board
- Strategic Leadership (8-10 April) Hone your skills to step up confidently to a new level of responsibility – as recommended by the RSC:
“All the techniques and theories related back to very fundamental and practical applications. Excellent.” Kevin Wright, Commercial Manager, Royal Shakespeare Company
Do call us if you would like to talk through which programme – or programmes – might be best for you.