Such an important & brilliant initiative. Bravo!”
West End Producer
In 2013 we asked Does Bath Theatre Matter?
In 2014 we Broke Boundaries.
This year we want to start Bridging The Gaps.
What Can We Do About Equality In The Arts?
– This section will cover topics on gender, age and opportunities.
Hamida Ali – Equalities & Diversity Officer – Equity
Bath, Bristol & Wiltshire – Let’s Work Together!
– What more can be done to create better working relationships with our two closest counties?
– How can we work more effectively together?
Featuring a keynote speaker from each of the three areas giving their views on what we can do to support each other more and bridge the gap.
Tracy Sullivan – Trowbridge Arts & Wiltshire Arts Promoters
What Do We Want For The Future Of The Arts In Bath?
This section features five sound bite talks from local arts organisations talking about their vision for the future of Bath.
Speakers will include the Cultural Forum for the Bath Area, Crane Works and more to be confirmed.
After each session you will have your chance to put questions to our speakers and join in the lively discussions and play an integral part in shaping the future of the arts in Bath. This is our city and we have a responsibility to keep the arts at the forefront of our creative ecology.
Keynote speakers will be announced over the coming weeks. Watch this space!
- Hamida Ali – Equalities & Diversity Officer – Equity – https://www.thestage.co.uk/news/2015/equity-hires-first-dedicated-equalities-officer/
- Jon Monie – Conference Host
- Tracy Sullivan – Trowbridge Arts & Wiltshire Arts Promoters
- Lisa Lort – Bath Dance
- David Metcalfe – Cultural Forum for the Bath Area
- Penny Hay – 5x5x5=creativity, Child Friendly Bath & The Forest of Imagination
There will also be a performance from amazing dance talent Dan Martin
For more info please visit: www.conference.theatrebath.co.uk
‘A conference? This event felt a little different…full of passionate, vibrant people, it transcends into an engaging and challenging discussion’
Review of The Bath Theatre Matters Conference
We kindly acknowledge the support of: