Theatre Bath has been asked by Bath & North East Somerset Council to run a session or sessions to discover what is wanted or needed for the future development of theatre in Bath.
We are looking for an experienced and exceptional facilitator, independent and impartial of the Bath theatre scene, to run up to two interactive sessions open to the entire theatre community in Bath, including amateurs, students and professionals.
Bath & North East Somerset Council wish to support and enable further development of the local theatre sector in recognition of its significance to the local cultural offer.
This will be a key event in discovering what the theatre community in Bath want or need and will go on to form the basis of a large-scale funding application to help realise this.
It would be useful for applicants to read the Cultural and Creative Strategy for B&NES.
Ideally the individual would have a background in the theatre / arts sector but we are also open to hearing from facilitators from other backgrounds who may be able to bring a new perspective to this event.
- Must engage with the entire theatre community at all levels – amatuer, student and professional
- Must allow for the collection of usable data – this could be in writing (i.e. questionnaires, post-it notes, brainstorms on flip-chart paper etc), via video, audio recordings etc
- Must be led by the theatre community in Bath and the facilitator must enable this to happen
- Be focused and results driven
- Must discover key strategic actions that benefit the sector (these could include but are not limited to a skills development programme, audience development work, marketing and promotion etc)
- Should be interactive, fun and engaging
This event is NOT about:
- Providing revenue funding for individual organisations
- Producing shows
- Creating dependency
- Underwriting market failure
- Independent of the arts scene in Bath so can approach the sessions in a completely impartial manner
- Must be able to challenge preconceived notions about the sector and not be afraid of provoking discussions
- An experienced listener who can summarise important information from large discussions
- Strong communicative skills
- The ability to work under pressure and solve problems as they occur
- A motivated individual
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience hosting events / workshops for a wide range of individuals
- Flexibility is required as it is possible sessions will be run in the evening. Sessions will be run in Bath.
Theatre Bath will market the event and provide administrative support but the facilitator will play a key role in helping us communicate the aims of the session to the community and where necessary helping us to write copy for press releases etc.
We will require you to submit a brief plan of how you would achieve everything mentioned in the points above. We are looking for someone who can provide us with an exciting and engaging event but that must also achieve our aims in a structured way.
The final decision will be made by Theatre Bath in conjunction with the Bath & North East Somerset Council Arts Development Team. We may wish to contact you to arrange an informal meeting or to find out more specific details regarding your plans for the event.
Theatre Bath actively promotes equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
To apply please send your CV with at least two referees, a brief cover letter, a detailed session plan and your availability for end of January/beginning of February 2016 to email@example.com
Must be available to run the workshop at the end of January / Beginning of Feb 2016 (date(s) to be mutually agreed with the successful applicant).
Application deadline: 12pm – Wednesday 6 January 2016.
Please note this is a self-employed role, you will be paid by submitting a valid invoice to Bath and North Somerset Council Arts Development Team who will be funding this event.