FaB is inviting artists to submit work for the Fringe Arts Bath Festival 2014(May 23 to June 8).
This year we have 18 exciting opportunities for artists of all disciplines on our website.
- A Given Structure – for artists who devise rules and systematic processes as a framework for their practice.
- Building Volumes – invites a serious, playful and inventive response to the theme of building, architecture and construction.
- Exchange & Art – create work for a temporary gallery space: a freestanding 16″x8″ billboard.
- Fridge Magnetic Street Art – exhibit your magnetic image on the streets of Bath. The public are free to pick up your work and take it home.
- Nocturne – an immersive experience exploring the theme of the night.
- Out of The Box – artworks which have either been assembled or disciplined within in a box.
- Photo↔Paint – using the media of photos and paint together.
- Resonance – the theme for artists working with sound, in three dimensions and with installation.
- Spinning Wonders – sequential artworks to be animated in a giant Zoetrope.
- Still Points – Moving World – exploring our relationship with language, writing, text and the surfaces and/or spaces on which it is inscribed.
- Tall Tales – temporary works applied directly to the exhibition walls.
- The Age of Information – the content of books, maps, tapes and other media re-contextualized: new meanings or interpretations emerge.
- TIMESLIP – provoke thoughts, feelings and reflections on time.
- TIMEZONE – fill the space between the exhibits of the TIMESLIP exhibition.
- Touchpoints – an interactive and collaborative project for media makers and artists.
- Vexillographs – poets, writers and performers responding to flags or artworks about flags.
- Water Monument – a public artwork, touring to Isle of Wight and Buxton.
Deadline for submissions: 16 March 2014