Below is a list of contents, followed by a link that takes you directly to the bulletin web-page.
Please send any contributions to our dedicated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org The copy deadline for the next edition is given at the bottom of this page, along with our Contributors’ Guidelines.
NEWS & VIEWS
1. Re-live the excitement of 2012 – the year of the Diamond Jubilee and the Olympic and Paralympic Games!
2. Bath & North East Somerset Council consultation – Arts Development Strategy
3. Victoria Art Gallery’s new charging policy
4. Kilter Shed – looking for a new home
5. The Mission Theatre – SandS fundraising appeal
6. Studio/workshop/training space available in Bath
7. Picture This merger with Spike Island, Bristol
8. New Society of Independent Theatres
9. DCMS – Consultation to classify and measure the creative industries
EVENTS & EXHIBITIONS
1. Bath International Music Festival
2. Bath Fringe Festival
3. Fringe Arts Bath
4. Larkhall Festival
5. Larkhall Open Studios
6. Newbridge Arts Trail
7. Widcombe Arts Trail
8. Events at Keynsham Memorial Park Bandstand
9. Events in Parade Gardens, Bath
10. Museums at Night weekend
11. Artist Lecture – Alex Hartley
12. Julia Atkinson – retrospection
13. The Lord Chamberlain’s Men – As You Like It
14. Mayfest 2013
15. North Somerset Arts – ArtsWeek
16. Culture, Health and Wellbeing International Conference
17. The Endless Parade and Other Transports of Delight
18. Everyone Deserves Music – community music symposium
19. Bath Box Office – Bath’s What’s On guide
1. How to find funding
2. Safe social networking for youth arts organisations
3. PROTECT: young people in the arts, youth and cultural sectors
OPPORTUNITIES FOR ARTISTS
1. Bath DanScape – call out for dance artists, practitioners and community groups
2. Fringe arts Bath opportunities
3. Voluntary Arts Week and CraftBomb
FUNDING & BURSARIES
1. B&NES Council – Arts Micro Grants (For arts projects or activities in Bath and N E Somerset)
2. Be Involved Bath – Social Enterprise Competition (Generating ideas to support the sustainability of a volunteer centre)
3. People’s Postcode Trust – Small Grants Programme (For projects in a number of fields including community development and the advancement of health)
4. Elephant Trust (Helping new, innovative visual arts projects)
5. EU funding opportunities from 2014 (The latest round of the popular CulturEuro seminars)
6. Arts Council and The Baring Foundation – Arts and older people in care programme (To provide access to quality arts experiences for older people in residential care)
7. Without Walls – research and development support (For artists and companies from any discipline for the development of new outdoor work)
8. Creative Employment – Creative Employment Programme (Supporting employers to recruit young people in the arts and culture)
9. Heart Research UK – Healthy Hearts Grants (Innovative projects promoting hearth health and helping to prevent/reduce heart disease)
10. Heritage Lottery Fund – Young Roots programme (Projects that engage young people with heritage in the UK)
JOBS & VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES
1. WOMAD Foundation – Development Assistant and Fundraiser
2. Colston Hall – Website designer
3. Willis Newson – Administrator
4. Watershed – REACT Producer
5. Take Art – Co-Director Dance
ARTS BULLETIN WEBPAGE: www.bathnes.gov.uk/
Contributors please note: The deadline for the JUNE 2013 edition is 10.00am, Thursday 16 May 2013. We regret that we cannot guarantee the inclusion of information received after this date.
We are looking for short and to-the-point items which convey your key message. Therefore, when you submit information to the bulletin, please note the standard format that we ask you to use:
1. Title of event/news item
2. Name of the promoting organisation and/or venue
3. Date (if relevant)
4. Description – two or three sentences capturing the essence of your event/news. Maximum 50 words.
5. Website address – for further information regarding your event/news. If a website is not available – an email address and phone number.
a) If you go above the 50-word limit we cannot guarantee to use your information.
b) We are now only featuring one event as a sample of your activities so – if you run a number of events in any one month – please decide which one you want to focus on. (The website link will enable people to see your other offerings).
c) Please send your information in Word format and keep the layout as simple as possible (no indents, centred text, etc.). Please do not send .pdfs.
d) Currently we are not using photos but you are welcome to send them for possible use at a later date (.jpg format). Please include a statement confirming that you hold the copyright or give details of who does. We may use them in future editions of the bulletin or on other pages of our website.
e) The Council reserves the right to edit – or not to publish – any submitted material.
The email address for bulletin information to be sent to is email@example.com
The B&NES Arts Bulletin is a free service provided by the B&NES Council’s Arts Development Team. It is provided for information only and Bath & North East Somerset Council cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions. We are not able to endorse the quality of events, activities or courses organised by other individuals or organisations.
If you wish to be removed from this distribution list, please click on the following link and send a blank email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject box: mailto:artsbulletin@bathnes.